All have sinned:
• Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (NIV)
• Isaiah 53:6 – All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s path to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the sins of us all. (NLT)
Sin’s Penalty: death
• Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (KJV)
• Hebrews 9:27 – Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgement, (NIV)
Christ paid the penalty:
• Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (NASB)
• 1 Peter 3:18 – For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; (NASB)
• 2 Corinthians 5:21 – He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (NASB)
Salvation not by works:
• Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. (NASB)
• Titus 3:5 – He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit. (NASB)
Must Receive Christ:
• Romans 10:9–10 – that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. (NASB)
• John 1:12 – But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name. (NASB)
• Acts 16:31 – “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved,” (NASB)
Assurance of salvation:
• 1 John 5:13 – These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life. (NASB)
• John 5:24 – “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. (NASB)
Are you ready to accept Jesus as your Savior? It is simple, but profound:
• Accept that you are a sinner and that Christ died for your sins.
• Ask Him to forgive you of your sins, and turn away from sin, repent.
• Jesus wants a relationship with you. Jesus knows you, Jesus loves you, and Jesus is waiting for you to ask Him to come into your heart and life.
• Simply and sincerely pray:
Dear God, I accept that I am a sinner. I realize the penalty for my sin is death,
and I believe it was paid by the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. I
believe that Jesus is Your Son, that He died for my sins, and You raised Jesus
from the dead so that I can have eternal life. I repent of my sins, and I confess
Jesus Christ as my Savior. Please forgive me for my sins and save me.
Thank You for dying for me, for forgiving my sins, and making me clean. I
receive You into my heart and life as Savior. Help me grow every day to be
more like You. Thank you for hearing my prayer. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Will you mess up? YES! Walking and living in newness of life is a journey—a daily
journey; you grow more and more each day. Here is God’s personal promise to you:
• These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. (1 John 5:13 NASB)
• Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things passed away; behold, all things have become new. (2 Cor. 5:17 NKJV)
Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in newness of life. (Rom. 6:4b NASB)